Wednesday, May 30, 2012

into the wild

my backyard.
we've been working pretty hard at trying to make grass grow
and keep the plants we have alive.
i do not have a green thumb,
so by august everything we've done
does have the chance of being totally burned up.
but so far,

i've stained the deck (all by myself, thank you)
and bought a hanging plant for under the umbrella.


ronnie planted three new bushes
since 3 out of the 4 died last summer.
wah wah.


and now we're working on our privacy.
one side of the house is totally covered
and we can sit on our deck in peace.


the other side, however,
is w i d e open.

why, hello there, neighbor's bedroom window.
ew.
no thank you.


so we're going to try to find some sort of
[squatty, bushy, grows fast, kinda big]
tree.

sweet edit, i know.


any suggestions?


1 comment:

  1. American holly, yew, lilacs. I think a crepe myrtle would work there. I have a tree/bush that looks almost exactly like your little digital blob there in my back yard but I have NO idea what it is. I wish I did.

    ReplyDelete